[plt-scheme] GUI guides?

From: Hugh Myers (hsmyers at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 5 18:34:01 EDT 2009

Here is what I had in mind as an example for 'editor':

Given:

(define f (new frame% [label "Simple Edit"]
                       [width 200]
                       [height 200]))

(define c (new editor-canvas% [parent f]))
(define t (new text%))
(send c set-editor t)

How do I programatically:
----------
Control the initial font?

 (send t change-style (send (make-object style-delta%)
                           set-delta-face "Times"))

----------
Type size?

 (send t change-style (make-object style-delta% 'change-size 20))

----------
Insert a line of text?

 (send t insert "Hello\n")

----------
Insert lines of text?

 (send t insert "Hello\n")
 (send t insert "Goodbye\n")

 or:

 (send t insert "Hello\nGoodbye\n")

----------
Overwrite existing text?
----------
Erase existing text?
----------
Clear existing text?
----------
Create a non sizable frame?
----------
Remove system buttons (shrink and expand)?
----------
Scroll bars?
----------
Border types?