[plt-scheme] How to execute eval from a network udp socket?

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Wed Jul 1 11:50:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Richard Cleis<rcleis at mac.com> wrote:
> Why is it so evil to depend on the top level name space, especially for
> launching things like servers?  This module works fine with netcat (although
> I would include exception handlers etc if I knew the goal of this):

It isn't evil.

My experience coming to Scheme was such that I wanted to start using
eval without fully understanding how it works, and what are pros and
cons compared to other alternatives. Eval gets a lot of hype and one
might feel an intense desire to utilize it without as much need.

As such, my experience with eval suffered for it. Based on reading
emails to this group, I suspect that I am not the only one who has
committed this sin of laziness. It wasn't eval's fault.

Namespaces are nicer if you want to control your environment, disallow
'exit' for example in the server code.

Posted on the users mailing list.