[plt-scheme] Re: Windows + remapped keyboard: DrScheme misinterpreting AltGr characters as commands

From: Elena Garrulo (egarrulo at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 1 04:36:53 EDT 2009

2009/6/30, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu>:
> The code below (run it in the "module" language in drscheme, or put it
> in a file and run "mred-text file.ss" from the shell prompt) will
> print out the key code of your key presses.

Thank you very much, Robby, for your testing code. I've run it under
DrScheme and AltGr+key presses are registered correctly (that is, I
see the punctuation characters correctly registered and printed).
Still, same key presses under DrScheme's editor issue commands instead
of printing expected punctuation characters.

I thought that maybe AltGr is being confused with Alt, therefore I've
given a glimpse at menu -> Edit -> Keybindings -> Show Active
Keybindings, but none of the Alt related keybindings is related to the
misinterpreted characters.

Any further suggestion? Thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.