[plt-scheme] use web service from scheme?

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 27 23:13:53 EST 2009

Andrew Reilly wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 03:52:56PM -0500, David Van Horn wrote:
>> Ask if you have more questions.
> Thanks for the cool tutorial/examples.
> I do have a question, though: why did you shell out to a
> separate curl process, rather than using get-pure-port from the
> net/url library?

There was an issue with using username:password in URLs, which has been
resolved in SVN.  However, you would still have to instantiate the url
unit for SSL connections (see the Scheme Cookbook [1] -- this really
should be part of PLT).  Finally, even after doing all that, for some
reason, I couldn't successfully fetch results from delicious.  So I just
used curl.

Maybe some else has an idea why this doesn't work?

#lang scheme
(require net/ssl-url) ;; From cookbook.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<result code="access denied" />
<!-- fe06.api.del.ac4.yahoo.net uncompressed Tue Jan 27 20:09:01 PST
2009 -->

[1] http://schemecookbook.org/view/Cookbook/WebFetchingHttpsUrl

Posted on the users mailing list.