[plt-scheme] Log "every change in" Definitions and Interactions...

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 11:39:06 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:
> Let's not be so negative.  Fatih may not be able to "prove" anything,
> but he may be able to demonstrate interesting correlations.  For

I am inclined to agree, but that isn't surprising.

Fatih, I'll try and send you some notes shortly regarding my
experiences collecting similar data regarding novice programmers using
BlueJ. You'll probably find that the automatically collected data
(either captured every time students run/check their code or at the
keystroke level) is not enough. Colleagues of mine have begun doing
observational work in the classroom that can then be correlated with
the automatically collected data, giving us a fuller picture of their
behavior, thus eliminating questions like "Why is there a six-minute
gap here? Oh, they went to the toilet..."

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.