[plt-scheme] How to replace a Unicode string in the definitions with the result of evaluating it?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 12:58:29 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> The use case I am trying to satisfy is the one where I write something like:
>
> (define (play-"\u266C" notes)
>  ; work goes here
>  #t)
>
> I am trying to find how easy it is use use Unicode symbols directly in the code.

Probably the easiest thing is to just copy and paste out of the REPL.
You might also add a keybinding that inserts the character, if there
are just a few. Also, see the TeX codes that are in there (and let me
know if you want to add more). Finally, there is typically some
platform-specific way to enter unicode that is handled at the OS level
that lets you type those things in. On the mac, for example, I can
switch my keyboard mode and type 中文字.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.