[plt-scheme] Log "every change in" Definitions and Interactions...

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jan 23 15:29:35 EST 2009

On Jan 23, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:54 AM, "M. Fatih Köksal"
> <fkoksal at cs.bilgi.edu.tr> wrote:
> > Can you please point me if someone else did it before? And if not,
> > what should be the beginning point?
> Probably the drscheme tools manual in Help Desk.

There's an alternative that can work out better for you with
getting into DrScheme in a minimal way:

* Setup a subversion server through apache, with some basic
  username/password protection for all students.  This will be the
  difficult part.

* Subversion has a `SVNAutoversioning' that can be turned on -- it
  makes it possible to mount a subversion directory as a "web
  filesystem", where every write is automatically turned to a commit.
  Have the students do these mounts for a place they'll work from.

* Now you only need to make DrScheme save the file every time "Run" is
  clicked.  Subversion will take care of maintaining all revisions
  with timestamps.