[plt-scheme] Hit People Over the Head with HtDP

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Tue Jan 20 15:00:14 EST 2009

>> The two books that have made the biggest impact on me -- as one of these
>> so-called experienced programmers -- have been Meyer's OOSC2 late last
>> century,

That is the best book on object-oriented analysis, design, and
programming that I have ever read. Ironically, that is another book
that most OO programmers will never, ever read because "it is too
long".

>> Within the Scheme-space I think that it would be useful to give some short
>> guide as to when and why to read:
>>
>> * The Little Schemer
>> * HTDP
>> * PLAI

After hanging around the PLT list for for a long time and asking a lot
of questions, one gets a "sense" of where each book fits, but to your
point; an "all in one" guide would be great :).

Posted on the users mailing list.