[plt-scheme] Help Desk not responding

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Jan 19 15:34:48 EST 2009

On Jan 19, Marco Morazan wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have a student that can not access the Help Desk. Every time she
> clicks on Help Desk, DrScheme freezes up. No error message is
> reported.
> She has uninstalled and reinstalled DrScheme to no avail. The
> version she just installed is 4.1.3[3m].

The OS is the important bit here -- once that's determined, then she
should look at the list of processes and see if there's some process

FWIW, this is what DrScheme does on the different platforms:

* On Windows it uses a standard Windows facility to start a browser at
  a given place, which is similar to entering a url in the "Run"

* On OSX it uses some standard OSX script that starts a browser at a

* On Linux it runs a process -- one from several that can be set in
  the preferences.