[plt-scheme] Limiting Concurrent Connections to Web Server

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 11:25:30 EST 2009

Thanks for the catch Matthew. I've done the asynchronous reply technique.

I've also added an 'over-limit' keyword. It has three options: 'block,
'kill-new, and 'kill-old. From the new documentation:

If there are no additional spaces inside the limit and a new request
is received, the over-limit option determines what is done. The
default ('block) causes the new request to block until an old request
is finished handling. If over-limit is 'kill-new, then the new request
handler is killed – a form of load-shedding. If over-limit is
'kill-old, then the oldest request handler is killed – prioritizing
new connections over old. (This setting is a little dangerous because
requests might never finish if there is constant load.)

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://teammccarthy.org/jay