[plt-scheme] HtDP lectures?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 18:33:58 EST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:43:03 -0500
"Shriram Krishnamurthi" <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> Also, the SICP videos were (I believe) originally made for a corporate
> sponsor, HP.  Any of you willing to sponsor?

Yes, I also kind of remember that SICP lectures were sponsored by HP,
no idea where I read about it. But I don't really understand why you
are so upset - I was just watching SICP lectures so I thought I might
ask around whether there are any HtDP videos, not even neccesarily by
Brown (see below for longer explanation).

> Finally, we live in a much more IP-restricted and privacy-conscious
> era.  It would be interesting, but not necessarily in a positive way,
> to hear how Brown feels about having one of their professors (IP) and
> classes (privacy) videotaped and then broadcast for free (IP) over the
> Internet (privacy).

I guess I'll need to justify my initial question. As I was surfing the
internet lately I found numerous video lectures including MIT-SICP and,
more recently SICP lectures by Brian Harvey at UC Berkeley (CS 61A) as
well as many well done videotaped version of Standford courses (which
are really impressive since in multiple formats, with transscripts and
slides and everything which is probably because Stanford has enough
money to stepnd for this, admittedly). But also at my university we
have videos at some of our lectures (sometimes with fancy features like
slides + video synced in two separate windows) some of those are for
students only and some can be freely downloaded.

So I was curious whether there is something similar for HtDP. I did not
demand to produce such videos and a simple "no, sorry there aren't any
that we're know about" would have been enough (or a "oh, yeah,
sure, they were produced in YYYY at UUU University, take a look at
http://someurl").

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.