[plt-scheme] Using PLaneT Packages in a Production Environment

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jan 13 22:15:32 EST 2009

If one has a system that uses PLaneT packages, and for security reasons
we absolutely do not want the deployed system fetching anything from a
public PLaneT repository, what's the best way to manage that?

One question I'm debating is whether to: (1) have "planet" "require"
specs in the code and to supply those packages in vetted form to a
deployed system (via, e.g., a pre-constructed ".plt-scheme/planet/"
cache); or (2) pull versions of PLaneT packages into normal collections
in our configuration management system, and use non-"planet" "require"
specs for them.

Our system does *not* need multiple versions of the same package, if
that matters.

We'd also want to disable access to the PLaneT repository, such as by
setting an environment variable or a Scheme parameter.

Any thoughts appreciated.

(There's a chance I asked this months ago, but I can't find it.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/