[plt-scheme] Scheme projects in my undergrad CS course

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon Jan 12 16:49:43 EST 2009

Oh yeah, after all his methods work, Yourdon wrote "Decline and Fall of
the American Programmer," warning against the evil army of genius Indian
PhDs who would take all the American programming jobs at fry cook rates.
:)  Then we did have a period of outsourcing panic, due, I think, not to
Yourdon's book but to the reality that overseas outsourcing was
happening.  I believe Yourdon backtracked eventually, but I'd moved on
to research by then, so I don't recall ever reading past the "Decline
and Fall" cliffhanger.

Seconded on Michael Jackson.

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote at 01/12/2009 04:36 PM:
> Yourdon cheapened himself by also dabbling in the politics of
> programmers and their location.
>
> Another person from that era w/ valuable insights into program
> structuring is Michael Jackson (various forms of the "Jackson
> method"), whose work was widely-used especially in Britain.  Jackson
> is active and remains insightful and full of wisdom.

Posted on the users mailing list.