[plt-scheme] Limiting Concurrent Connections to Web Server

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 12 13:03:11 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:06:47 -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
>> You don't seem to need the full generality of kill-safety, since you
>> have a custodian that you know never dies.
>
> Nit-picking terminology: I would say that he needs a kill-safe
> abstraction, but that he doesn't necessariyl have to use
> `thread-resume' with a donated custodian.

Yes, right. Sorry -- that's a better use of the terms.

Continuing on this dead horse down just one more block: if it were
important, you could even build this abstraction directly into the
servlets, since it doesn't require the more powerful custodian that
the dispatchers seem to have (or if dispatchers can be killed, you can
improve the abstraction to cope with that).

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.