[plt-scheme] Slightly OT--How to print from DrScheme using CUPS

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 9 14:58:22 EST 2009

I'm an idiot. The problem is *not* that DrScheme doesn't print to the
default printer, it's that I don't get a standard cups options dialog
to do things like choose 2-up printing to save paper.

Thanks for answering my stupid question, Matthew. Now, any idea how to
answer the one I should have asked in the first place? :-)

Todd

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:50:11 -0500, "Todd O'Bryan" wrote:
>> Could anybody tell me what print command or symbolic link trickery I
>> can use to get DrScheme to print using CUPS?
>>
>> Right now, we print to a file, open the file in Evince, and then
>> print. I've thought about allowing direct printing for a while, but
>> every time I look it up, I run out of time before I can find an
>> answer.
>
> On Linux/Unix?
>
> When you choose "Print" in DrScheme, you get a dialog with an option
> for "Printer", as opposed to "File" or "Preview", right?
>
> When you choose that option, DrScheme generates a temporary ".ps" file
> and runs the shell command "lpr <tmp>.ps".
>

> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.