[plt-scheme] PLT projects waiting for contributors?

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 7 16:42:48 EST 2009

Hi Sigrid,

> in a recent thread, I read Shriram Krishnamurthi's
>
>>> Danny Yoo has a reasonable Scheme -> J2ME compiler for the Beginning
>>> Student + WORLD subset of Scheme.  Would that be of interest?  Is that
>>> something others would be interested in contributing to?
>
> This reminded me of something: I'm a Java developer at work and studying
> scheme in my spare time (mainly by doing SICP exercises). Doing the
> exercises is great to understand the theoretical stuff, but I'd like to
> do "real-world" programming in a functional language, too.
> Of course I was thinking of developing an own application, but recently
> I realized that if I took part in a project, I'd get feedback and would
> learn to write better code.

> So my question is, are there any PLT projects that need contributors
> (and can afford taking in people who are not so experienced yet)?
> In fact something like the above - compiling for the JVM - would really
> interest me, but I'd be curious for any suggestions!

One project that comes to mind is the Scheme Cookbook. The recipes of
the Wiki often originate from questions asked on this list. However,
quite a few recipes was written for the 3xx-series and needs to
be updated for the 4xx-series.

    http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/TOC?skin=voidtoc

It would also be nice to see new recipes appear.

Note: To avoid spam contributors need to registrate.

     http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/BecomingAnAuthor

--
Jens Axel Søgaard