[plt-scheme] Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for January 2009 - Practical SCons for Game Development

From: Bill Clementson (billclem at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 7 16:12:14 EST 2009

Hi all,

Now that we have some "good ol rainy weather" again in Vancouver and
no longer have to shovel snow, it's time to schedule some technical
meetups so that we can avoid the onset of cabin fever. ;-)

Dean Giberson gave a presentation on SCons at the Montreal
International Game Summit (MIGS) 2008 and will give a version of that
presentation to our first lispvan meeting of 2009. For those who
aren't familiar with SCons, the SCons site describes it as:

"SCons is an Open Source software construction tool-that is, a
next-generation build tool. Think of SCons as an improved,
cross-platform substitute for the classic Make utility with integrated
functionality similar to autoconf/automake and compiler caches such as
ccache. In short, SCons is an easier, more reliable and faster way to
build software."
Dean has been heavily involved in the Game Industry for some time (see
here and here for details on his earlier "Using PLT Scheme for Game
Development" lispvan presentation and some biographical details), so
this promises to be an interesting follow-on to his previous lispvan
presentation.

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: Practical Scons for Game Development
Presenter: Dean Giberson