[plt-scheme] Changing icons of stand alone executable

From: kumar_lista at mac.com (kumar_lista at mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 03:52:45 EST 2009

Hi PLTers,

I have a standalone distributable executable (win32) created using the
"Create executable..." menu. I need to use my own icons
for the app as well as for the frames put up by the app,
instead of the generic lambda icon. How do I do that?

I looked at "mzc --gui-exe blah.exe --ico myicon.ico" option,
but that only replaces the icon to be shown by windows explorer.
When I launch the app, the main frame continues to show the
lambda icon.

I tried to use ResHacker to change the icons in the generated
exe, but it results in an executable that won't run and bails out
with a "scheme/gui collection not found" error.

At this point, it looks like plt sources are my only option.
.... or am I missing something.

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
-Kumar