[plt-scheme] [ANN] Heist: a Scheme interpreter in Ruby

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Feb 24 22:24:49 EST 2009

Matthias Felleisen wrote at 02/24/2009 09:36 PM:

> Dear James, speaking of learning: consider implementing Ruby
> as a macro in PLT Scheme next. I bet that you'd learn a lot.

James, if you do as Matthias suggests, you might even learn things about
Ruby that other Ruby implementors don't realize.

When you get to the point of diminishing returns of that as a learning
exercise, then you can either further develop it as a potentially useful
tool, or you can chuck that puppy like a live grenade.  I did the latter
with Arc-as-Scheme-macros. :) http://www.neilvandyke.org/morc/

Posted on the users mailing list.