[plt-scheme] drscheme

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 15:13:31 EST 2009

> Our vocational director would like for me to teach Programming and Logic
> next year, Our state wants the class taught using drscheme as our
> environment. I have never written any type of programming before.  ? Will I
> be able to teach this without background in programming? Is there workshops?

Is that Marion County Schools in Florida? I was not aware that the
state of Florida wanted classes taught using DrScheme. If that is the
case, it is wonderful! Is there a place on the web where we can read
about this development in Florida?

Teaching programming without having ever programmed, I must say, is
asking the impossible if you care to do a good job. I would suggest
attending one of the workshops suggested by S. Bloch. In preparation
for the workshop, I suggest you start working through HtDP
(www.htdp.org). The road will be bumpy more frequent than not for an
inexperienced programmer, but you can always present your work and ask
questions on this list.

Enjoy the ride! :-)

--

Cheers,