[plt-scheme] (warning: off topic, no Scheme or even CS involved)

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 21 13:00:45 EST 2009

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> My point is that you shouldn't find Nazi-apologist on the left, the
> leading intellectual on-campus left (in the sense of academic left, not
> lefties who work on campus).

And you shouldn't find torture-apologists among the intellectual
on-campus right, but you do. Meanwhile, there are many intellectuals
throughout the spectrum who denounce human rights violations regardless
of who commits them. Jurgen Habermas, for example, has criticized not
just Heidegger but contemporary apologists among German historians (many
on the right, e.g. Ernst Nolte). --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.