[plt-scheme] Defining structures

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 21:15:21 EST 2009

define-struct does not define a struct, it defines a struct-type and a number of related procedures, such as a constructor (make-...), a predicate ...? and accessors and mutators.
make-struct-... is a procedure that returns an instantiation of the struct-type.
I think `define-struct-type' would be a better name, but reality is different.
Personally I prefer make-struct-type, but that is not in the teaching languages, I think.
Jos