[plt-scheme] Prereqs for robotic programming

From: Marco Morazan (morazanm at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 10:23:50 EST 2009

Matthias,

That is a bitter pill to swallow.

Have you ever seen students sit and randomly tweak code to try to get
a robot to move in a circle? I have and it was disturbing. It was
clear to me that they had no real clue about: 1) what needed to be
done and 2) how to design code for what needed to be done.
Respectfully, I doubt they will ever learn enough to control the robot
in such a course. Nonetheless, I hear you and I need to think deeply
about it despite wholeheartedly agreeing that it is an embarrassment
to call such an activity programming.

Marco

--

Cheers,