[plt-scheme] Re: Newbie question: Why "orange text, black background" after Run?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 16 07:54:04 EST 2009

I believe it cannot be disabled for the teaching languages.

I've added a little bit of explanation to the teaching languages
manuals. Below is the raw source text for that. Comments welcome.

Robby

The languages documented in this manual are provided by DrScheme to be
used with the @italic{@link["http://www.htdp.org/"]{How to Design
Programs}} book.

When programs in these languages are run in DrScheme, any part of the
program that was not run is highlighted in orange and black. These
colors are intended to give the programmer feedback about the parts of
the program that have not been tested. To avoid seeing these colors,
use @scheme[check-expect] to test your program. Of course, just
because you see no colors, does not mean that your program has been
fully tested; it simply means that each part of the program been run
(at least once).