[plt-scheme] newbie: web server tutorial questions

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 14:08:47 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM, e <eviertel at gmail.com> wrote:
> just before the https section in the tutorial: http://docs.plt-scheme.org/continue/index.html
>
>   I tried> mzscheme -t blog.ss
>
>   and got back> blog.ss:150:33: compile: unbound identifier in module
> in: path

Your problem is that you've left 'path' in the code, where it says:

"You should change /path/ to be the path to the parent of your htdocs
directory."

> sooooooo, is <file.ss> supposed to be the same value as
> "APPLICATION.ss", and are both of these supposed to be the place the
> application code was getting cut and past (in my case "blog.ss")?  Are
> all the ss files supposed to reside in a servlets folder?  and is
>
>        #:servlet-path "/servlets/APPLICATION.ss"
>
> a relative path to htdocs?

file.ss is where the actual code is

servlet-path (and APPLICATION.ss) is the URL you would like to use to get to it.

> and in the following,
>       (list (build-path path "htdocs"))
>
> is htdocs relative to where you run the mzscheme command?

htdocs is relative to 'path', which you must supply. If you use
(current-directory), then you will use the current directory.

Jay

Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://teammccarthy.org/jay