[plt-scheme] Transition from 3.x to 4.x (I'm late, I know...)

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 6 06:06:06 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Erich Rast <erich at snafu.de> wrote:

> 1.) I replaced (module name mzscheme ...) with #lang scheme and it seems
> that reverse! is no longer available. Is there a way to require an
> external package with reverse! from srfi 1 in its namespace without
> modifying the source code? Or is it up to the package maintainer to
> require srfi/1?

I think it is up to the package maintainer.

http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/trunk/doc/release-notes/mzscheme/MzScheme_4.txt

> 3.) Does anyone know how to make the FFI find zlib on Leopard? Shouldn't
> it be installed on vanilla OS X 10.5.x anyway?

Give it the full path. Dunno about default installlation.

> 4.) Is there a "compatibility switch" allowing you to use older packages
> in 4.x?

Not that I know of, but there is the mzscheme language.

> 5.) What's the difference between using #lang scheme followed by
> 'top-level' module source code and the old embedded (module name
> mzscheme ...)?

Read the manual and the above.

Also, these questions have been asked a zillion times before.
Searching the list archive will lead to more detailed answers.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.