[plt-scheme] tools for determining memory leak?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 5 17:21:19 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The memory backtracing that is built into mzscheme works well.

Are you referring to `dump-memory-stats`?  That's the only facility that I
was able to find.  Is there something else that I can use?

> Most likely, you have large continuations and they are not being freed
> in a timely way. What manager are you using?

I am fairly certain this is not caused solely by web-server - I am using LRU
manager and quite happy with its behavior.

My challenge is that I wrote a ton of code without noticing the behavior, so
am at a loss to track down the problem quickly.  My current approach is to
reconstruct the code in chunks, hopefully to isolate the leak point, and
this process is just slow.