[plt-scheme] tools for determining memory leak?

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 5 17:21:19 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The memory backtracing that is built into mzscheme works well.

Are you referring to `dump-memory-stats`?  That's the only facility that I
was able to find.  Is there something else that I can use?

> Most likely, you have large continuations and they are not being freed
> in a timely way. What manager are you using?

I am fairly certain this is not caused solely by web-server - I am using LRU
manager and quite happy with its behavior.

My challenge is that I wrote a ton of code without noticing the behavior, so
am at a loss to track down the problem quickly.  My current approach is to
reconstruct the code in chunks, hopefully to isolate the leak point, and
this process is just slow.

Thanks,
yc