[plt-scheme] Re: 2 books

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Sat Dec 12 12:42:22 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

thanks for your opinion.

Regarding DCPL, I also still plan to have another try. In my case, I'm lacking the mathematical
knowledge especially, but I've found a helpful (plus, short & precise) book on that:

Lattices and Order by Davey & Priestley

which has special chapters on the stuff used in DCPL (CPO etc.)

... well of course I'm adding the disclaimer here that I'm not the person to judge the book's correctness :-)

ciao,
Sigrid

 haven't read PLAI (yet) so I can't compare it to the DCPL, which I
read over the course of 3 or 4 months. I'm still not done with it by any
measure. In general, I consider it very well-written, however, that
doesn't make the subject matter itself much easier. Perhaps you just
need to allow for a slower pace. Myself, I'm taking a detour now over
Pierce's Types and Programming Languages (very slowly, due to time
constraints) and will probably get back to parts of DCPL some time in
the future.

Posted on the users mailing list.