[plt-scheme] Can anyone give me some help on running Untyped "Smoke" testapp?

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 7 11:33:58 EST 2009

Oops!

I should have written "delirium trunk" below instead of "delirium bridge branch".

I've added an autoplanet script to Smoke to simplify all this. To run the unit tests, do the following:

  mkdir <SOME_DIRECTORY>
  cd <SOME_DIRECTORY>

  # Get the code for Smoke.
  svn co http://svn.untyped.com/smoke/branches/bridge/src .

  # Fetch dependencies and install planet dev links.
  # See the comments in the script for details:
  mzscheme autoplanetrc.ss

  # Compile and run the test application:
  mzc run-tests.ss && mzscheme run-tests.ss

  # To start the tests, open this web address in your browser:
  # http://localhost:8765/test

Some of the tests require manual intervention.

Hope this helps,

-- Dave

Dave Gurnell wrote:

> Hi Nevo,
>
> We're in a state of flux right now - the most bleeding edge versions of these libraries are in branches.
>
> The root of the problems is Dispatch, which we've updated in the "bridge" branch but not released. Dispatch is used by the unit tests in Smoke and Delirium, so both of those are in branches too. Unfortunately we have old versions of things in production code and on PLaneT, so it's a pain to move things around and sort them out.
>
> Here's the list of things I think you need for the latest and greatest version of Smoke:
>
>   - unlib trunk;
>   - mirrors trunk;
>   - dispatch bridge branch;
>   - delirium bridge branch;
>   - smoke bridge branch.
>
> I hope to get this sorted out over Christmas. At the very least, I want to get the new branches of dispatch and delirium released on PLaneT. It's just a matter of documenting them really, which always takes longer than you think.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.