[plt-scheme] typed teaching languages

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobryan at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 8 13:17:43 EDT 2009

I guess the big problem I'm having dealing with the primitives in
places like beginner-funs.ss and teachprims.ss is that they use a lot
of macros--provide-and-document and define-teach--to name two. Is it
safe to just change the languages in those files to typed-scheme and
stick in a type annotation, or will that have some kind of weird
interaction with the macro-provided definitions and the later
renaming? I really need to get a good handle on macros and I just
don't have it yet.

I considered trying OCaml, but currying of functions, the lack of
warnings about function arguments not appearing in application
positions, and the wealth of other stuff that the teaching languages
do convinced me it was just a bad idea.

Todd