[plt-scheme] Unit won't Import

From: Anthony Cowley (acowley at seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 6 14:36:40 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Synx<plt at synx.us.to> wrote:
> I'm having trouble a unit that imports another. It errors out on an
> "unbound identifier" and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I made a
> test case that illustrates my confusion regarding units. I'll attach the
> files here.
> I'm not sure if the signature is wrong, of if I don't understand
> something about units, or what needs to be done. If I comment out the
> commented lines in "test.ss" it works fine, but it seems like that
> rather defeats the purpose of units in the first place.

I take it you meant, "If I uncomment the commented lines..."? The
purpose of Units in the architecture you've developed is that
test-unit.ss does not mention thing-unit.ss. test@ will happily work
for any Unit that exports the thing^ signature. If you want to use a
different thing^ implementation, then you pull that in at the test.ss
level, and never touch test@ or test^.

Anthony

Posted on the users mailing list.