[plt-scheme] bootstrapping scheme

From: Toon Verwaest (toon.verwaest at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 07:00:54 EDT 2009

Hi all,

sorry for the only vaguely related topic, but does somebody here know
about an implementation of a more normal scheme on top of a very minimal
scheme?
The system I'm looking for should provide all these elements by
expanding input strings into code formats which are compliant with the
lower-level system (typical bootstrapping).

I am trying to get a scheme running in a system that I'm building but
currently I only have lambda, set!, numbers, strings, symbols, chars
etc; but no parser whatsoever nor support for syntaxes etc. I would like
to be able to program a little bit my scheme-like in my program; but I'd
hate to reinvent the wheel by having to write the bootstrapping myself.
Obviously I can meet somewhere in the middle if somebody has interesting
pointers.

cheers,
Toon Verwaest

Posted on the users mailing list.