[plt-scheme] Re: history of stack and heap.

From: Kumar (srikumarks at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 18:47:35 EDT 2009

I don't have a formal CS background and so this intrigues me.
It almost looks like after the advent of the term "garbage
collection",
which I believe happened after stacks came to be, did all forms of
resource cleanup end up being looked upon as types of GC?

If you look at it more specifically as "garbage collection
of the program store" where the program store usually refers
to a heap, I found the chicken scheme implementation interesting
in that it used the stack more or less equally as a program store
as well.