[plt-scheme] Re: HTDP Exercise 12.4.2 ... Help!

From: S Brown (ontheheap at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 26 17:37:40 EDT 2009

I've been working on this for the last few hours, and my insert-
everywhere function is now working like so:

(insert-everywhere 'x (list 'h 'o 't))

=>   (list (list 'x 'h 'o 't)
           (list 'x 'o 't)
           (list 'x 't)
           (list 'x))

So, I wish I had some function that would prefix each list with the
"remainder" of the word, such that:

    (list (prefix remainder (list 'x 'h 'o 't))
          (prefix remainder (list 'x 'o 't))
          (prefix remainder (list 'x 't))
          (prefix remainder (list 'x)))

    =>   (list (list 'x 'h 'o 't)
               (list 'h 'x 'o 't)
               (list 'h 'o 'x 't)
               (list 'h 'o 't 'x))

So, based on this I want a function, prefix, which basically takes two
words, appends them, and returns the new list. So, I guess in order to
use this "prefix" function, I need to figure out how to define
"remainder," but now I seem to be stuck again because remainder
depends on information that isn't being passed along (ie, for (prefix
remainder (list 'x 't)), remainder needs to be (list 'h 'o), but I
can't figure out how to do this!

Am I at least on the right path with this? Any tips/hints??