[plt-scheme] Re: Explanation of this piece of code?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Apr 26 02:29:01 EDT 2009

The quality of that code isn't great, but you're asking about very basic
features of Scheme, like "let*".

If you're already comfortable with programming in a language other than
Scheme, and are in a hurry, I suggest reading through one of these two
documents:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme-Z-H-1.html

http://schemers.org/Documents/Standards/R5RS/
(You can skip the parts about continuations and formal semantics in this
document.)

Either document will not only give you a quick intro to Scheme, but
should answer almost all your questions.  Give one of them an hour.

The one question those documents might not answer concerns "filter".
For an illustrative example of "filter", which will make sense after you
understand "map", see:
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-1/srfi-1.html#FilteringPartitioning

Someone could walk through and explain the code example you posted, but
I think you'd understand more of that code in the same amount of time by
going through an introductory document.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/