[plt-scheme] Explanation of this piece of code?

From: -gary- (gary.dunne1 at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 25 21:00:19 EDT 2009

(define (mod-community-members request context name id)
        (let* ([mod (get-person (session-get context 'personid) 0)]
               [mod-l (map (lambda (s) (list (second s) (fifth s )))
mod)]
               [mem (filter (lambda (s) (not (fourth s))) (get-person
(session-get context 'personid) 0))]
               [mem-l (map (lambda (s) (list (second s) (fifth s)))
mem)])

  (template-module-center "Heading...."
    `(span
     ( mod    ))   ***
        ))
        )

I apologize in advance for this basic question.  I am just having a
tough time with scheme after just starting using/learning it
recently.  If possible, could you please tell me what is going on in
this piece of code?  From what I can gather, it seems I am defining a
function with paramaters...  Then calling the "get-erson" function and
it's return value is going into the "mod" variable.  Then these are
going into a list?

Also, where I marked "***" above, this was an attempt to print out the
returned values, I realize this is most lilkely incorrect, how would I
print out these values?

Again, apologies for the very basic question here.  I'm just trying to
get a basic understanding of hat exactly is going on in this piece of
code.  Any help would be aprechiated.

Thank you.

Posted on the users mailing list.