[plt-scheme] PLT vs. the world

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sun Apr 19 21:47:21 EDT 2009

laplacian42 wrote:

> I do however think it was interesting that this particular
> commenter's comment (on the site mentioned) was probably taken as
> truth by many (as it was upvoted pretty well).

Received wisdom is not necessarily wise, and what people say in the heat
of the moment may not hold up to scrutiny. Just because twenty anonymous
strangers upvote a comment does not mean it is true. There is a great
deal of good documentation associated with PLT Scheme, and the
differences between R6RS and PLT Scheme v4 should be apparent once you
spend a while with it. Take a look and decide for yourself. What you see
will, I think, intrigue you enough to at least install it and try it
out. And that does not preclude you from using other implementations
with their own merits.

http://docs.plt-scheme.org/

--PR

Posted on the users mailing list.