[plt-scheme] PLT vs. the world

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Apr 19 20:51:08 EDT 2009

Don't worry about it.

I'm not a PLT insider, though I have settled on PLT as my default Scheme
implementation, after using over a dozen of the others.

I think you'll find, when talking to knowledgeable people, that the PLT
work is widely respected.  There is the occasional academic-type who
objects to this-or-that particular property of PLT, or who wishes that
their own favorite Scheme implementation were as popular as PLT.
Academics are like that, and that's a good thing for diversity in the
research ecology.  However, I've never heard anyone who actually knew
what they were talking about make comments like the ones to which you point.

I can only guess where these two comments at the bottom of Reddit are
coming from, but I think they're without merit.

When choosing a Scheme implementation, I suggest concerning oneself with
substantive issues, not with rumors that Matthias plots New World Order
in secret drumming circles at the Bohemian Grove.

Neil

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/