[plt-scheme] PLT vs. the world

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 19 19:02:26 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 5:46 PM, i j <laplacian42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Others suggested that R6RS was basically a product of PLT.

Just because of the appalling untruth to this one, I thought I'd
better just point out what should be obvious to anyone that looks into
it even a little bit: there is only one R6RS editor who is a PLT
insider (Matthew Flatt), and even he was after a Scheme standard for
all Schemes that want progress. The other editors, I presume, would be
justifiably annoyed at such claims, since they are not PLT insiders at
all.

I generally think of this mailing list as a friendly place, and I hope
the remainder of this thread bears that out, but please do try to do a
little bit of fact checking to make sure you do not repeat nonsense
(flame bait, even).

Best regards,
Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.