[plt-scheme] Running the SICP metacircular evaluators

From: Toby Gee (tsg153 at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 17:37:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> The R5RS language has a "back door" to import bindings from other
> modules [...]

Thanks -  this enabled me to get 'error' to work, and I then defined 'true'
and 'false' to be #t and #f. However, I've now run into the problem that the
metacircular evaluator wants to store the existing version of apply by
doing:

(define apply-in-underlying-scheme apply)

and then defining a new 'apply' below. This gives me the error: "reference
to an identifier before its definition: apply". Is there anything I can do
about this, or will I have to rewrite everything to call the metacircular
evaluator's 'apply' something different?