[plt-scheme] dual-editor snip

From: Jordan Johnson (jmj at fellowhuman.com)
Date: Sun Apr 12 03:15:28 EDT 2009

On Apr 11, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Robby Findler wrote:

> I'm sorry I'm just quickly tuning in, but did you try making a
> pasteboard with two editor-snip%s that contain the two text%s? You can
> show and remove them as you wish (but you will have to do some work to
> make sure the editor-snip%s are always the right size).

No, I hadn't tried that, and I'm playing with it now.  Thanks.

It looks like mrlib's vertical-pasteboard% is what I'm after.  I
think I've found a doc error, though:
	http://docs.plt-scheme.org/mrlib/aligned-pasteboard-parent___.html

(which it seems my class must implement) states the requirement of
implementing set-aligned-min-sizes, but the actual code for aligned-
pasteboard-parent<%> has that method name commented out, and requires
aligned-min-sizes-invalid instead.

Given that my class is a subclass of editor-snip% whose editor is a
vertical-pasteboard%,
	1) must it indeed implement aligned-pasteboard-parent<%>?
	2) if so, what interface method should I implement, and
	3) what should that method do?

Seems safer to ask rather than making assumptions based on the source
or docs -- the only examples I've found to go on are in mrlib/private/
aligned-pasteboard, and the inconsistencies are disconcerting...

Thanks again,
jmj

Posted on the users mailing list.