Nothing to do with Scheme (was: Re: [plt-scheme] No More Boring Code)

From: Raoul Duke (raould at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 10 17:11:50 EDT 2009

> Yep.  That's not an argument against abstraction, though: it's an argument
> in favor of only letting a select, smart set of people design your
> abstractions.

as an aside, so far i think i fall in favor of Mr. Clements' line of thinking,

but i'd like to say that it bugs me when the term "smart" is used.
i've known smart people who write impenetrable abstractions. :-) if
you mean smart as in "know your audience!" then i can agree, but that
isn't the connotation of 'smart' that i think is usually used in
programming disucission.

sincerely,
$0.02.

Posted on the users mailing list.