[plt-scheme] No More Boring Code

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Thu Apr 9 07:28:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Stephen De Gabrielle
<stephen at degabrielle.name> wrote:
> That sounds good. Why not use a variety of languages.  Php, SQL, VB?
>
> ps It's not fair to pick on java - it was a step in the right direction.

The pattern where one defines something *at the expense* of another
has a bad smell because it ends up making the former look like a
jackass.

For example:

GNU/FSF -> Microsoft.

Java -> C++

Pascal -> C

Lisp -> Scheme

Each of these rightfully stands on their own without the ill-will and
meanness of their communities.

Certainly I don't pick up any such thing regarding this t-shirt; but I
don't expect that to be the case from outsiders looking in.

Posted on the users mailing list.