[plt-scheme] Typed-Scheme Memory Issues

From: Sam TH (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 7 15:51:30 EDT 2009

That's certainly quite a lot of memory use - and a lot of Typed Scheme code!

I don't know why it should take that much memory, but the one thing I
do recommend is compiling your files to byte code.  DrScheme does this
automatically in some cases, and you can do it manually with 'mzc -k'.
 Once the file is compiled, typechecking is complete, and subsequent
uses of that file should be much faster.  For example, if you have
files A.ss, B.ss and C.ss, each of which depends on the preceding,
then if you are changing C.ss a lot, then

% mzc -k A.ss B.ss

will likely improve your speed/memory issues.

If that doesn't help, let me know, and I'll try to see if there's
something in particular that's going wrong while typechecking your
code.

sam th