[plt-scheme] Re: HtDP 12.4.2 question details

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 7 07:38:41 EDT 2009

12.4 is not pivotal. You can move one and return whenever you feel
like tackling it again.

However, 12.4 is a good test of whether

  (1) you have understood and absorbed the design recipe
  (2) you have understood and absorbed the idea of "making a wish"
when you're stuck
  (3) you have the persistence to apply the design recipe over a
series of four five six auxiliary functions.

It is particularly heavy on (3). (Once you understand that (1) and
(2) give you (3), you will also see that the exercise takes 10-20
minutes at most.)

-- Matthias