[plt-scheme] Confusing web-server interaction

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 6 15:55:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last time I looked at the code, the Moby Scheme -> Android compiler
> had an XML-RPC implementation based, I believe, on ours.  Perhaps
> Danny Yoo and you can work on merging the two efforts?

I think they're using the client-side, which is fine---the client-side
doesn't rely on the PLT web-server at all. The server-side needs work
to bring it in line with the current web-server changes.

(The reason I was poking at it recently was I had hoped to use it with
students on PLT 4.1.3. The bug discovery in the server means I won't
be using it this semester. Most of my own usage of the XML-RPC library
in the past few years has been locked against PLT 372, since too many
libraries I depended on hadn't made the 4.x transition, and I needed
the server for robust data collection. It simply wasn't an option for
quite some time.)

As a side-effect of bringing the library up-to-speed, I'll try and add
some tests that

1. Launch a PLT server process
2. Run tests against it
3. Take it back down.

I don't track HEAD, and don't intend to start just to support the
library. But, some tests that automate the full cycle should at least
make it easier to download the library and find out if it works
against the current web-server API.

Cheers,