[plt-scheme] *const

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 5 15:45:47 EDT 2009

Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> I forgot what we did there. But we either mean '*const or (define *const
> '*const). -- Matthias (not anywhere near a copy of the book)

Nope; I have a copy -- there are definitions given for *const, *quote,
etc.  They start on page 182.  Here is an example:

(define *const
   (lambda (e table)
     (cond ((number? e) e)
           ((eq? e #t) #t)
           ((eq? e #f) #f)
           (else (build (quote primitive) e)))))

Jon, if you want to use atom-to-action function, you'll need to define
each of these *-functions as given in the book.

Rereading this part of TLS, I can only conclude that this was written
before Matthias visited the pope.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.