[plt-scheme] srfi/1 messes typed-scheme

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 2 14:07:42 EDT 2009

Sam TH wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> The error message is clearly uninformative and unhelpful, which points out
>> that in some sense a plain require shouldn't work at all in TS modules
>> UNLESS they refer to a typed module. -- Matthias
>
> I agree the error message is unhelpful, but I think that's a problem
> with name shadowing, not with Typed Scheme.
>
> Plain `require' is also useful for syntax (`scheme/match', for example).

You should be able to use 'identifier-binding' to distinguish unbound
variables from variables imported from untyped modules. You should
report those cases differently, and in the latter case you can even use
the module path to say which module was incorrectly required.

Ryan

Posted on the users mailing list.