[plt-scheme] r6rs define-struct and gensym

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 1 10:28:45 EDT 2009

R6RS records: http://www.r6rs.org/final/html/r6rs-lib/r6rs-lib-Z-H-7.html

> And how can I include gensym? I don't directly find the exact package.

According to R6RS, "two symbols whose names are spelled the same way are
never distinguishable". So no gensym in the sense of uninterned symbol
is available. For the purpose of "generating something that is distinct
from anything else", use some other data type instead.

> cheers,
> Toon Verwaest

Chongkai

Posted on the users mailing list.