[plt-scheme] Henderson picture language in version 4.x?

From: Jens Axel Soegaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 15:38:17 EDT 2008

Fred G. Martin wrote:
> I am trying to run a version of the Henderson picture language stuff
> for my students.  It works fine in PLT 3.72 with Textual (MzScheme,
> includes R5RS).  The images display in the listener.
>
> In PLT 4.1, I can load the code when choosing Full Swindle, but
> instead of images in the listener, I get a lovely "image-snip"
> message:
>

>> (paint (load-painter "einstein"))
>>
> #<image-snip%>
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction?  The code I am running
> from my colleague Holly Yanco's last version, problem set 4 at
> http://www.cs.uml.edu/~holly/91.301/ .

Just curious, are you using features not present in the SICP package
available on PLaneT?
(I think they share most of the code)

The following will display Einstein (use the module langauge).

#lang scheme
(require (planet "sicp.ss" ("soegaard" "sicp.plt" 2 0)))
(paint (load-painter "einstein"))

The einstein painter happens to be builtin, it was defined like
this (more or less).

(define einstein (load-painter "einstein.gif"))

See the documentation here:

http://planet.plt-scheme.org/package-source/soegaard/sicp.plt/2/0/planet-docs/sicp-manual/index.html

--
Jens Axel Søgaard